Monday, June 26, 2006

rant rant ranty rant

I got all kinds of mad at my mom yesterday and am actually looking forward a little to the moving outage. Go me!

See, TWO MONTHS AGO I made this entirely frivolous purchase. Oh, okay, it wasn't entirely frivolous, as it was a big cup with a lid and a straw and a freezy thing that you screw into the middle that keeps your drink cold without watering it down. I was going to use it in order to up my water intake, which is HY-deous. Very bad. Very very bad, like I can go LITERALLY WEEKS without drinking water.

Well, the cup? Sucks. It leaks, so if it's full and I tip it the slightest, it dumps the contents down my front and if I'm drinking in the car, that can cause a wreck and we don't want that, now do we? So I haven't used it. It's been sitting by the kitchen sink for about a month. Last night, she was loading the dishwasher and I was loitering, attempting to help, but that is not a two-butt kitchen, when she thrust the cup at me, saying, "Do something with this, it's been sitting here for weeks and you don't even use it. I'll bet you wish you could get back all the money you've spent..." and I do not remember what she said after that because a SCARY RED CURTAIN had fallen over my eyes and I said, "OH MY GOD, IT'S JUST A CUP!" and she rolled her eyes at me and said "Well, I just wish you would LEARN!" and then I killed her. The end.

Actually I said, "You know why I bought it. And it leaks." And then I stomped off to my bedroom to sulk, because I am fourteen. On the way (it's a short hall in a teeny house), she said, "It leaks?" and I half-yelled, "YES, it LEAKS. That's why I DON'T USE IT." And then I closed my door and sat on my bed and sent death rays at her through all the walls with my mind. And I may have cried a little.

So, here's my defense, now that I've cooled down (though I did not come out of my room for the whole rest of the evening until 11:30 when I went to take a bath, and when I came out she had gone to bed, THAT'LL SHOW HER. HMPH):

I have not spent one penny on anything that is not necessary for my survival or arrival at work in two months except for a couple of slipcovers for the furniture I inherited from my aunts. Whatever. I have been freaking FRUGAL. Just what, exactly, am I supposed to LEARN? What am I supposed to do? Never spend any money on anything? Never enjoy the fruits of my labor? I certainly cannot sit in my room or on the computer, because I catch all kinds of hell about that. I spend money, and I catch all kinds of hell about that. Apparently the only thing that would make them happy is if I slept exactly 8 hours every night (and went to bed at 8:30, which, OH RIGHT, IS NOT POSSIBLE SINCE I DON'T GET OFF WORK UNTIL NINE AND DON'T GET HOME UNTIL TEN), and then, immediately upon waking, went on a walk that is exactly the length of time and distance they deem appropriate and not a bit more, and then--I don't know. Stand and stare at the wall the rest of the day? Because if I read, I catch hell, if I sit on the computer, I catch hell. I don't like TV a whole lot, and besides, my DAD is always watching the FOOD network; which, hey, totally helps with the NOT EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

I'm just SO OVER IT. LEARN WHAT???? The only thing I can think of that I need to learn is how to ignore the crap that comes out of her mouth, because she DOES. NOT. GET IT. She has NO IDEA what it's like to deal with what I deal with every day of the world. And if I want to buy something with MONEY I EARNED then I FUCKING WILL.

That is all. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home