Saturday, February 17, 2007

I am sorry

I have just been scouring the internet for a picture of Britney Spears before the 55-hour Vegas marriage fiasco, either a candid, or one where she is not oiled and half-naked, or just one that doesn't look digitally altered to death. I came up empty-handed, but during my search, I learned that she shaved her head.

I am not a person who goes looking for dirt on celebrities. I'll pick up an Us Weekly if it catches my eye, and occasionally, I'll even buy one--though not often, because 2 Us Weeklies roughly equals one paperback novel, and I'd rather read the novel.

I certainly don't really care about celebrities. You know, as people.

I will admit that I have snickered at her downward spiral. I have rolled my eyes at, say, the decor of her dogs' room, complete with chandelier. I was grossed out and disappointed when she took up with Federline, but mostly because he had a pregnant girlfriend, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought she could do about a fabrillion times better...gah, he's so skeevy. I was happy for her when she got pregnant the first time, because I know from wanting to be a mom. I was freaked when she got pregnant again so fast, and saddened when I saw snippets of the interview with Matt Lauer. I cheered when she dumped K-Fed, and I burned out my retinas when I clicked on the uncensored crotch shots. I said "ew ew EW" out loud about her running around with Paris Slutass Hilton, and I felt bad for her when she attempted, albeit briefly, to clean up her image again by telling Paris it was best if they didn't hang out and then a spurned Paris retaliated by referring to her as "Animal."

But Oh. My. God.

Seriously, y'all. The paparazzi has got to leave the girl alone. She's way beyond the deep end. Wearing a stripper's undergarments and shaving her head, along with all the other shit that's been going down...God. Just leave her alone. I hope someone is able to get through to her and get her some help. I cannot imagine being hounded the way she is. I cannot believe how bad it's gotten. I don't know how she stands it. Does no one else look at her eyes in those pictures? Maybe I'm just a huge dork, but I look at her eyes and I see desperation. I see misery--no, more than that; I see anguish. I feel sorry for her, and for the first time in absolutely ever, I think that if I could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, I would pick Britney, and I would give her a big hug.

I hope rock bottom comes quickly and hits hard, and I hope she is able to see it for the blessing that it is and turn her life back around.

I also hope the paparazzi gives her some space to find peace, but I'm not holding my breath.

My heart just aches for her. Poor Britney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home