Sunday, July 2, 2006

Meme, stolen from Miz Robyn

1.How old do you wish you were? 17, with the option to redo the next fourteen years of my life. Ugh, that's kinda sad, isn't it?

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In college...my metals class (hate hatey hate--only studio class I ever got a C in). Somebody turned on the radio. We all thought it was a joke (sick joke, but still a joke). Then one of my classmates started to cry. I just sat there, stunned, wondering how in the world I was ever going to be able to concentrate on making my stupid napkin rings when people in New York City were jumping out of fucking buildings, for fuck's sake.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Sigh in resignation, because this is my life.

4. Do you consider yourself kind? Most of the time, but I think I have the occasional mean streak. (Robyn's answer, but keeping it because it fits.)

5. If you HAD to get a tattoo, where would it be? I am thinking about getting a tattoo above my right ankle, where my loverly scar is. I have always wanted a dogwood flower tattoo, but Randy (who has four tattoos) warned me that white is hard and has to be touched up a lot, and I am not big on pain. So who knows?

6. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish. My parents told me to take it in high school, so I took French instead because I am Passive-Aggressive Polly and nobody (not even my brain!--that's a good story, btw) is going to tell me what to do. Hear that? NOBODY.

7. Do you know your neighbors? Not at all. I am a recluse. Also, I haven't moved in next to them yet.

8. What do you consider a vacation/Holiday? At least two days in a row in which I do not have to come to work; assuming, of course, that I have a job, because it ain't no vacation when you ain't got no money.

9. Do you follow your horoscope? No. Bunch of crapola.

10. Would you move for the person you loved? I'd have to love him an awful lot to leave this area. I am quite gun shy about living anywhere but the TX hill country now.

11. Are you touchy feely? Not unless I know and like the person a whole lot.

12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Definitely, but Robyn noted the lasting power of such unions is debatable, and I must concur.

13. Dream job? Artist/Potter, independently wealthy so I don't have to worry about making a living off of it.

14. Favorite channel(s)? Any one that shows Friends or Will & Grace reruns. Other than that, not big on TV.

15. Favorite place to go on weekends? I do not have weekends. I have Wednesdays and Saturdays, and they are always lame.

16. Showers or Baths? Baths, usually, unless I don't want to go through all the trouble of filling the tub, yada, yada. I am so lazy.

17. Do you paint your nails? No. Like I said, lazy. Nail polish chips, and oy, the upkeep. Plus I am so not a girly girl.

18. Do you trust people easily? I give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time. I don't trust very many people, though.

19. What are your phobias? Heights OMG. Falling. Anything that has to do with heights and falling.

20. Do you want kids? I do. Whether or not I will ever have any remains to be seen. Sometimes I wonder if I'd make a very good mother. I do enjoy my sleep a whole lot.

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? Not anymore. I have a handwritten journal from high school that is about five inches thick, all notebook paper, most front-and-back, almost all comprising telephone conversations I had with my One True Lurve.

22. Where would you rather be right now? In a 150-pound body.

23. Heavy or light sleeper? Heavy, but I don't sleep well because of the whole apnea thing. I hardly ever feel rested.

24. Are you paranoid? I would have to say yes, because after all, it is all about meeeeeeeee.

25. Are you impatient? Yes, I am.

26. Who can you relate to? Angelina Jolie. It's so difficult to be rich, beautiful, and be seen as the next Mother Teresa. (OMG that is the best answer to that question EVER so I am SO STEALING IT.)

27. How do you feel about interracial couples? Hey, you love who you love. It ain't no big thing.

28. Have you been burned by love? Yes

29. What's your favourite pick up line? Nobody in the world strong enough to pick me up, so, whateva.

30. What's your main ringtone on your cell? My cell phone is brand new, and I think the ringtone I picked is called "blue ice." I would rather have Fur Elise, though, that's the one I've always had before, but alas, not a choice this time.

31. What were you doing at midnight last night? Reading, and at midnight-thirty, sleeping.

32. What did the last text on your mobile phone say? Good Lord. I have no idea. Probably Randy all, "How is ur day going?"

33. Whose bed did you sleep in last night? Guest bed at my brother's. And my back hurts.

34. What color shirt are you wearing? Periwinkle, close to purple.

35. Most recent movie you watched? I don't know. I'm never in charge of the TV. The last thing I watched on DVD was Teletubbies: Naughty Noo-Noo. I have watched it before. Thanks much to my nephew.

36. Name three things you have on you at all times? I don't know. I always have my necklace on, but other than that...dude, you gotta get nekkid sometimes.

37. What colour are your bed sheets? Lightish green. Woodland Mystery. Something like that.

38. How much cash do you have on you right now? I do not carry cash, because it is too easy to spend, therefore I never have any, because if I do I will spend it. Still with me?

39. What is your favourite part of the chicken? The nugget.

40. What's your favourite town/city? Santa Fe, New Mexico

41. I can't wait till: the 7th Harry Potter book comes out. Because I am twelve.

42. Who got you to join myspace? Nobody, I just got on so I could log in and look at other people.

43. What did you have for dinner last night? I spent the night at my brother's, therefore, I got dinner from Sonix. Popcorn chicken. I KNOW.

44. How tall are you barefoot? 5' 6 1/2"

45. Have you ever smoked heroin? Good god, what kind of question is that to be tossing right there in the middle of all these innocuous questions? NO I've never smoked heroin. I never even smoked pot. (Part of Robyn's answer, once again, and once again I concur.) I used to smoke cigarettes, but I quit because I got tired of hacking up brown gunk every morning, and now that I know how bad it is (and it is OH SO BAD, and if you smoke you will never smoke again after you talk to a 26-year-old single mother with lung cancer, Good God No), nary a cigarette will ever touch these lips again.

46. Do you own a gun? I own a very pretty green plastic water gun. FEAR ME.

47. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee or something fizzy. Depends on my mood.

48. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? It's my lithe, sexy body. Rawr.

49. Do you have A.D.D.? Sometimes I think so, but then I get distracted.

50. What time did you wake up today? IT IS AN ANOMALY. I woke up at 6 A.M. and couldn't go back to sleep. That happens, like, once every frillion years.

51. Current worry? OMG I am going to have to start paying rent NEXT WEEK. GAH GAH GAH.

52. Current hate? That I can't lose this excess weight in 72 hours. IT'S SO UNFAIR.

53. Favorite place to be? In bed with a good book in my hands, knowing that I don't have to get up for hours and hours. (Oh hellz yeah, Robyn) Add cold weather, a blanket and a fire, and you've entered my heaven.

54. Where would you like to travel? Ireland, England, and back to New Mexico, because...*sighs dreamily*. Also would like to go to Buffalo in the winter to see the lake effect snow. Lori has never seen REAL snow. (I know you Yankees find that hard to believe, but 'tis true...unless you count the patchy shit that happens every 10 years and melts in five minutes...and also produces very small, very dirty snowmen.)

55. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? Healthy weight with a job I love. Also hopefully a husband and kids.

56. Last thing you ate? A baked cheeto. Sigh. Am Britney Spears.

57. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower. HOWEVER, I do sing in the car, and it's a very eclectic mix.

58. Last thing that made you laugh? I was in a team meeting today where there were six of us and we played Oodles of Doodles (TOTALLY work-related. TOTALLY). My team won, because I am the Queen of the Drawerers and Heather is Queen of the Good Guessers (yes, my SIL and I work at the same place, if you didn't know. We are also fiercely competitive. Woe to us if we get put on different teams...it's just better if we work together. Then nobody bleeds).

59. Worst injury you've ever had? See last year--ankle, dislocated the; and leg, done broke the.

60. Does someone have a crush on you? Sure. I'm every man's wet dream. Sheah, right.

61. What's your favorite candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

62. What song is stuck in your head?

Where would you be
if you weren't here with me
Where would you go
if you were single and free
Who would you love
Would it be me
Where would you bee-ee-eeeeee

(Where Would You Be {surprisingly enough}, by Martina McBride)

And there you have it. THRILLING. Y'all, I have literally been working on this ALL DAY. TAUC. It is now 7:30pm. DORK. TAUC again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home