Friday, October 13, 2006

Texas Scorpions and Buffalo Snowstorms


I am so worried about Angi. She hasn't responded to my emails and it looks like she hasn't been online since yesterday, right around the time it started snowing. Her ex-husband's ex-girlfriend (still with me?) emailed me earlier today, worried about Angi and the kids. I am almost positive Angi doesn't have power. She entrusted me with her passwords (all of them, for everything), and I took the liberty of looking into her email--unchecked.

Amy, the ex-girlfriend, says they (the mysterious "they") are comparing the damage from this storm to the Blizzard of '77. She says half the trees in Buffalo are down. Thankfully I don't think Angi has any trees in her yard, so we can be reasonably sure that none have fallen on her house. I even emailed Angi's boyfriend Jesse's mother, to see if they have heard anything, but have received no response as of yet.

It's so surreal. I'm in Texas, with a temperature of 65 degrees, and though it is cloudy, it feels fabulous. It would be even more fabulous had I not stepped on a scorpion last night at 4am (trust me, that little bastard is DEAD and I hope it HURT A LOT TO DIE), but still fabulous. I am just so concerned about my poor friend and her three kidlets. Here's hoping the power comes back on soon, and everyone send them warm, melty-snow-and-no-more-of-it dust.

*nail-bitey*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home