Monday, November 20, 2006

critical

I went for my...erm...5th? appointment with the shrink today. Cymbalta is, as mentioned previously, my boyfriend, and I was quite open about how well I'm feeling and he did remark on it. It still bothers me that he doesn't seem to listen very well, but whatever, because I got what I've been waiting for all this time, and woot! for that.

One more month of Cymbalta samples, one more hundred-dollar-bill still in my bank account.

I told him how sleepy I've been lately...coming home and falling asleep at 5pm and waking up at nine and going back to sleep at midnight--well, that's not exactly normal or the way one likes to spend one's life--I mean, I would like to be awake OUTSIDE OF work every once in a while. He mentioned that the seroquel and the Cymbalta are probably doing that, so no more seroquel, especially since seroquel raises cholesterol, and guess what? Mine is "critical." As are my triglycerides. As is my weight, which, hoo boy, talk about critical. So. Many things are critical. I am pre-diabetic.

Two things I am not: depressed and anxious. Thank you, God.

Anyway! Lots of stuff to work on. Tomorrow I start a weeklong, twice-daily dose of Ritalin (Fuck You Tom Cruise). According to Dr. Shrink, the ADD meds will curb my appetite and help with the food addiction. He also referred me to a nutritionist, and my mom is all over that, so that's good because she will pay for it.

Today is day 11 of no fast food. Rawk. My deal with myself is that I can have fast food if I am willing to go inside the restaurant and order it myself, which is EXTREMELY hard for me to do, and impossible if I am by myself. So! No fast food. And I told Dr. Shrink I'd been abstaining and he said, "You ate fast food? Shame on you," and I said, "But it's been eleven days! I haven't had any in eleven days!" And he said, "Good. Don't have any more."

Damn.

So I'm on a new sleeping pill, trazodone, and there's the Ritalin and the Cymbalta and then my five hundred vitamins. Let the healing begin!

One more thing: My blood pressure is FINE. HUZZAH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home