End of 2006 Meme
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Hrm. Well. I guess I'd say I started seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never keep my new years' resolution, which is always to lose aaaalllll my extra weight, or at least live in a healthy manner, but I keep making it and will probably do so again. You never know when I'll actually keep it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Jamie had another little girl on Valentine's Day. Awwwww!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God, though I did lose 2 second cousins in a mountain-climbing accident in Peru. They were in their early twenties and had very promising futures...it was really sad and my mom is still in a funk about it.
5. What countries did you visit?
Never been out of the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Happiness, peace, contentment, financial security, job security, self-sufficiency, satisfaction, and good health.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Valentine's Day, because of Kath's superfun Anti-Valentine's Day party when she got really drunk, and I won't say anything else about that.
March 14, Reid's first birthday.
May 11, the first anniversary of my release from the grip of the most cold-hearted bitch I'd ever met in my life. Oh, and it was also the first anniversary of the night I broke my leg and dislocated my ankle.
July 6, because it was the first day I have ever called in to work and went to the doctor because I couldn't stop crying.
July 7, because I set up my first appointments with a therapist and a psychiatrist, and I went to get the key to my new apartment.
July 8, because I moved into my new apartment.
July 9, because I felt like I was going to die from panic and pressure.
July 10, because I finally told my mother something was very wrong and I wasn't doing well, after a 2 hour boat ride in which all I did was think about drowning.
July 11, because I stopped taking Wellbutrin, after Debbie said it sounded like I was having a bad reaction and it seemed to be doing the opposite of what it was supposed to do, and so I called my PA and asked to be put back on Lexapro until I could get in to see the psychiatrist (in MID AUGUST. Augh!).
July 12, because it was my first appointment with a therapist, and I wasn't impressed (the therapist in question wasn't my uber rad current therapist, Robyn, by the way).
August 16, because it was my first appointment with the psychiatrist, and I was finally validated in finding out I wasn't making up anything or being a drama queen, but that I really was sick.
September 1, because I was released from a job that was tearing me apart--not as bad as teaching, but close.
October 5, because I went back to work at Fabulous Resort and was welcomed back by all the old-timers and felt like I was home again. (I would do this job forever if I could get paid a living wage.)
October 21, because I moved back out of my new apartment.
October 27, because I started Cymbalta (I LOVE YOU CYMBALTA!).
November 16, because I talked to an old friend again after twelve years.
November 24, because I started A.D.D. medicine that will (hopefully) change my life.
December 2, because of the EMDR session that enabled me to meet my son for the first time and start resolving the issues surrounding his loss.
December 9, because I finished my first painting in three years and found I've lost between ten and fifteen pounds.
The rest of the year hasn't happened yet, but I will let you know if anything of note comes to pass. Though I have to wonder if the above dates are not enough to answer the question???
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Facing lifelong fears and beginning to resolve them.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending money I really couldn't afford to spend.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not even going to try to be funny, and it depends on what kind of illness you mean. I had 3 stomach bugs and several suicidal episodes, one of them extremely serious. Illness is a part of my life now. I deal with it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A silk, 500-thread-count extra-plush mattress pad to go over the pillowtop mattress pad and memory foam mattress pad, which goes over the pillowtop mattress, and 600 thread count sheets, which are like BUTTAH. My bed? Is the best bed in the world.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My nephew, who never ceases to amaze and delight me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Management at my former workplace. And, as usual, Dubya and Republicans in general. Oh! And have I mentioned Rick Perry is a boil on the butt of humanity and it is CRIMINAL that he is still governor? GAH.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Stuff for my apartment. Books. Therapy. Breaking my lease. Gasoline.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A.D.D. MEDICINE. HALLELUJAH.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Bother, by Stone Sour
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? amazingly enough--happier!
b) thinner or fatter? I actually don't know. I really don't.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, but that's okay. Better poor and happy than rich and miserable.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Trusting my own judgment; doing what I feel is right for me, rather than let others make my decisions for me.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Panicking, crying, putting off therapy and psychiatry because I was scared.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Not sure. I might be working on Christmas Day, but I hope I will have a couple of days off after that to spend with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes. With Cymbalta. Have I mentioned I LOVE Cymbalta? Because I do.
22. How many one-night stands?
Not a one.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't watch TV except for the occasional Friends rerun.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anybody. No, really, I don't. I think some people suck, and some suck worse than others; I may dislike and/or be disappointed in some of them, but I don't hate anybody. It takes up too much energy and is so negative, and I'm tired of being all dour and shit.
25. What was the best book you read?
Pride and Prejudice, and no, I'd never read it before.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Stone Sour, Snow Patrol
27. What did you want and get?
Validation and help with my depression and anxiety. An antidepressant that works, thank you God. My desire to make art again.
28. What did you want and not get?
The year's not over, so there's still hope...but I want a Nikon D50 (the D70 and D80 are too expensive, and Randy says the D50 is perfect for someone at my skill level. Perhaps someday I will upgrade. Well, the D50 would be a serious upgrade right now, as I don't actually have my own camera yet). For my parents to accept the fact that there's something seriously askew with my brain chemistry and that they can't force it not to be there just because they don't want me to have it. They're trying, though.
Oh, yeah...and to get back into a size twelve. Can't believe I forgot that part.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
"She's the Man", because FUNNY. Plus, Channing Tatum is edible.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had dinner and drinks and cake with Katherine. I got CARDED in the restaurant, and then I proceeded to have two margaritas and become extremely drunk and gross Katherine out with my lobster carcass (SEA BUG!) and embarrass her with my loud drunken talking. It was very fun, for me anyway. Oh, yeah, and I turned 31. *sob*
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To get back into a size 12.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Clothing not found on floor, not smelly, and not too wrinkled. You know you want me.
33. What kept you sane?
Well, this is a hard question, because for several weeks this year I was decidedly NOT sane. However, I would have to say it was a combination of medical assistance, medication, and people who love me.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really...erm..."fancy" celebrities and public figures. Not even John Corbett anymore, because he's gotten kind of skeevy, and needs to re-think the country music career. Bleh. I guess I had a tiny little crush on Daniel Radcliffe, but that's kind of gross because I am, like, fifteen years older than he is. He's a little hottie, though. And Channing Tatum is definite eye-candy.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I cannot let political issues stir me, because I get all upset and feel sick, and there's nothing I can do about it. Having said that, however, I am most concerned with women's rights and gay rights. I can't even touch on the education system anymore, with its sucky administration system and standardized tests, because it makes me want to throw up. It's one of those things that makes me upset, so I don't think about it. La la la. Flowers and butterflies and birdies chirping. La la la. Not thinking about bad things.
36. Who did you miss?
Kagan.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Robyn, my extraordinary therapist.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Just because one of my parents says so, it doesn't make them right, and not everything bad that happens is my fault.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Well, it's more like a whole song, but here you go:
Hello, good morning, how ya do?
What makes your rising sun so new?
I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new
So this is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way
This is the way
That I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and
You alone can break my fall
I'm living again
Awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in
I never, never thought that I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad
So this is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way
This is the way
That I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and
You alone can break my fall
I'm living again
Awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
Hrm. Well. I guess I'd say I started seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never keep my new years' resolution, which is always to lose aaaalllll my extra weight, or at least live in a healthy manner, but I keep making it and will probably do so again. You never know when I'll actually keep it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Jamie had another little girl on Valentine's Day. Awwwww!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God, though I did lose 2 second cousins in a mountain-climbing accident in Peru. They were in their early twenties and had very promising futures...it was really sad and my mom is still in a funk about it.
5. What countries did you visit?
Never been out of the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Happiness, peace, contentment, financial security, job security, self-sufficiency, satisfaction, and good health.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Valentine's Day, because of Kath's superfun Anti-Valentine's Day party when she got really drunk, and I won't say anything else about that.
March 14, Reid's first birthday.
May 11, the first anniversary of my release from the grip of the most cold-hearted bitch I'd ever met in my life. Oh, and it was also the first anniversary of the night I broke my leg and dislocated my ankle.
July 6, because it was the first day I have ever called in to work and went to the doctor because I couldn't stop crying.
July 7, because I set up my first appointments with a therapist and a psychiatrist, and I went to get the key to my new apartment.
July 8, because I moved into my new apartment.
July 9, because I felt like I was going to die from panic and pressure.
July 10, because I finally told my mother something was very wrong and I wasn't doing well, after a 2 hour boat ride in which all I did was think about drowning.
July 11, because I stopped taking Wellbutrin, after Debbie said it sounded like I was having a bad reaction and it seemed to be doing the opposite of what it was supposed to do, and so I called my PA and asked to be put back on Lexapro until I could get in to see the psychiatrist (in MID AUGUST. Augh!).
July 12, because it was my first appointment with a therapist, and I wasn't impressed (the therapist in question wasn't my uber rad current therapist, Robyn, by the way).
August 16, because it was my first appointment with the psychiatrist, and I was finally validated in finding out I wasn't making up anything or being a drama queen, but that I really was sick.
September 1, because I was released from a job that was tearing me apart--not as bad as teaching, but close.
October 5, because I went back to work at Fabulous Resort and was welcomed back by all the old-timers and felt like I was home again. (I would do this job forever if I could get paid a living wage.)
October 21, because I moved back out of my new apartment.
October 27, because I started Cymbalta (I LOVE YOU CYMBALTA!).
November 16, because I talked to an old friend again after twelve years.
November 24, because I started A.D.D. medicine that will (hopefully) change my life.
December 2, because of the EMDR session that enabled me to meet my son for the first time and start resolving the issues surrounding his loss.
December 9, because I finished my first painting in three years and found I've lost between ten and fifteen pounds.
The rest of the year hasn't happened yet, but I will let you know if anything of note comes to pass. Though I have to wonder if the above dates are not enough to answer the question???
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Facing lifelong fears and beginning to resolve them.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending money I really couldn't afford to spend.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not even going to try to be funny, and it depends on what kind of illness you mean. I had 3 stomach bugs and several suicidal episodes, one of them extremely serious. Illness is a part of my life now. I deal with it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A silk, 500-thread-count extra-plush mattress pad to go over the pillowtop mattress pad and memory foam mattress pad, which goes over the pillowtop mattress, and 600 thread count sheets, which are like BUTTAH. My bed? Is the best bed in the world.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My nephew, who never ceases to amaze and delight me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Management at my former workplace. And, as usual, Dubya and Republicans in general. Oh! And have I mentioned Rick Perry is a boil on the butt of humanity and it is CRIMINAL that he is still governor? GAH.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Stuff for my apartment. Books. Therapy. Breaking my lease. Gasoline.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A.D.D. MEDICINE. HALLELUJAH.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Bother, by Stone Sour
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? amazingly enough--happier!
b) thinner or fatter? I actually don't know. I really don't.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, but that's okay. Better poor and happy than rich and miserable.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Trusting my own judgment; doing what I feel is right for me, rather than let others make my decisions for me.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Panicking, crying, putting off therapy and psychiatry because I was scared.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Not sure. I might be working on Christmas Day, but I hope I will have a couple of days off after that to spend with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes. With Cymbalta. Have I mentioned I LOVE Cymbalta? Because I do.
22. How many one-night stands?
Not a one.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't watch TV except for the occasional Friends rerun.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anybody. No, really, I don't. I think some people suck, and some suck worse than others; I may dislike and/or be disappointed in some of them, but I don't hate anybody. It takes up too much energy and is so negative, and I'm tired of being all dour and shit.
25. What was the best book you read?
Pride and Prejudice, and no, I'd never read it before.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Stone Sour, Snow Patrol
27. What did you want and get?
Validation and help with my depression and anxiety. An antidepressant that works, thank you God. My desire to make art again.
28. What did you want and not get?
The year's not over, so there's still hope...but I want a Nikon D50 (the D70 and D80 are too expensive, and Randy says the D50 is perfect for someone at my skill level. Perhaps someday I will upgrade. Well, the D50 would be a serious upgrade right now, as I don't actually have my own camera yet). For my parents to accept the fact that there's something seriously askew with my brain chemistry and that they can't force it not to be there just because they don't want me to have it. They're trying, though.
Oh, yeah...and to get back into a size twelve. Can't believe I forgot that part.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
"She's the Man", because FUNNY. Plus, Channing Tatum is edible.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had dinner and drinks and cake with Katherine. I got CARDED in the restaurant, and then I proceeded to have two margaritas and become extremely drunk and gross Katherine out with my lobster carcass (SEA BUG!) and embarrass her with my loud drunken talking. It was very fun, for me anyway. Oh, yeah, and I turned 31. *sob*
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To get back into a size 12.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Clothing not found on floor, not smelly, and not too wrinkled. You know you want me.
33. What kept you sane?
Well, this is a hard question, because for several weeks this year I was decidedly NOT sane. However, I would have to say it was a combination of medical assistance, medication, and people who love me.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really...erm..."fancy" celebrities and public figures. Not even John Corbett anymore, because he's gotten kind of skeevy, and needs to re-think the country music career. Bleh. I guess I had a tiny little crush on Daniel Radcliffe, but that's kind of gross because I am, like, fifteen years older than he is. He's a little hottie, though. And Channing Tatum is definite eye-candy.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I cannot let political issues stir me, because I get all upset and feel sick, and there's nothing I can do about it. Having said that, however, I am most concerned with women's rights and gay rights. I can't even touch on the education system anymore, with its sucky administration system and standardized tests, because it makes me want to throw up. It's one of those things that makes me upset, so I don't think about it. La la la. Flowers and butterflies and birdies chirping. La la la. Not thinking about bad things.
36. Who did you miss?
Kagan.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Robyn, my extraordinary therapist.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Just because one of my parents says so, it doesn't make them right, and not everything bad that happens is my fault.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Well, it's more like a whole song, but here you go:
Hello, good morning, how ya do?
What makes your rising sun so new?
I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new
So this is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way
This is the way
That I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and
You alone can break my fall
I'm living again
Awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies
Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in
I never, never thought that I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad
So this is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way
This is the way
That I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and
You alone can break my fall
I'm living again
Awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home